September 30, 2014 (DAY 21)
I’ve been tagged a few times already in this tag going around social media right now. I guess it’s a good way to get acquainted with readers of this new blog ^_^
1. My personality type is ENFP
This means I am Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling-based, and Perceptive.
2. Music is my passion. I sing and can play the piano, guitar, ukulele, and violin.
However, even though I say I can play them, I might not be that good. Haha. I started playing the piano at the age of 6, but never really progressed after the 6th grade. I learned guitar in 7th grade then ukulele shortly after. I took violin lessons for two years but never really excelled. Overall, I consider voice as my primary instrument.
3. My junior and senior year of high school were the best years of my life so far.
Not because I was away from my parents (if anything, my aunt was much more strict), but because I grew as a person the most from those years. I met some extraordinary friends, discovered so many things about myself and the world, and had unique opportunities to do things I love. I did go through many hard times, especially because I was away from my family, but those experiences molded me into a better person.
4. I don’t have a favorite color.
Maybe it’s because I have a hard time choosing things. But I just love color and how it can bring life to your eyes. If everything were just one color, wouldn’t that be boring?
5. I’ve never been in a serious relationship.
6. I crave adventure, but still have a sliver of fear pulling me back into my comfort zone.
There are other factors pulling me back as well, but I’ve found that when opportunity for adventure arose, I didn’t take it.
7. One of my fears is not having enough knowledge or wisdom in the future.
Sometimes I feel like I don’t read enough books or I’m not studious enough. And it scares me because I don’t want to not know stuff in the future, you know? Did that even make sense?
8. I prefer cold weather over warm.
I spent a majority of my life living in San Diego, California where the weather is basically perfect. I now live in the Philippines where the humidity is almost unbearable at times. Needless to say, I miss San Diego.
9. One of my greatest desires is to start a family.
I secretly envy the 50’s American suburban lifestyle. Yes, I fantasize about it all: the house and lot, two cars, a spiffy husband and 2 boys and 2 girls.
10. Wishful dancer.
I’m not naturally talented or graceful as a dancer, but I try. Being in show choir for two years really inspired me that it is actually possible for me to dance. LOL.
11. I’m not a morning person.
But I always end up waking early, even when I plan on sleeping in.
12. I’m an extrovert with introverted tendencies.
I love being around other people and socializing. However, if I’m not comfortable around them and feel pressured, I would rather leave and be in my own little corner.
13. My parents and brother are my best friends.
My family and I are thuper close!
14. One of my greatest frustrations is that I wasn’t able to attend any one of the 4-year universities I was accepted into.
It’s a complicated story. I still get a heavy heart thinking about it.
15. I have a lowkey crazy fangirl side.
…Some things I consider myself a fan of:
Doctor Who, Lord of the Rings, ABC’s Once Upon A Time, Pretty Little Liars, Disney (basically anything), The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, The Vampire Diaries, The Hunger Games…
There’s a lot more. I have had a lot of short-term obsessions. I can’t even remember all of them haha.
16. I find cooking tutorials unusually addictive to watch.
I love food and I love cooking so, yeah! One of my favorite cooking channels on YouTube is Byron Talbott. Look him up!
17. I tend to over think situations & people.
Because of this, I get anxiety a lot. Also, if I’m being lazy and unproductive, it’s most likely because I have anxiety.
18. Makeup would be a regular hobby if it wasn’t so expensive.
No, Urban Decay, I will not buy your Naked palette for $50. I’ll settle for my e.l.f. baked eyeshadow palette for $10, thank you very much 🙂
19. Fighting to be a completely committed follower of Jesus Christ.
It’s an everyday battle, but it is so worth it. Serving Him out of love, not fear. His grace is overwhelming.
20. Lost in the world, found in Jesus!
Right now, in this season of life, I can honestly say that I am so lost. I don’t know where my life is heading but somehow, I am okay. And I know I am okay because I have Christ on my side. Trusting in Him every step of the way!
Thanks for reading! Shalom!